WHAT IS ENVIRONMENTAL SENSITIVITY?
- 179,000 Quebecers have been diagnosed with ES (Statistic Canada, 2010), up from 171,000 in 2005.
- The number of people in Canada diagnosed with this condition has increased by 34% during this same period.
- 3% of Canadians have been diagnosed with MCS, which commonly overlaps with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia (Statistics Canada, 2007).
- 5% of Canadians (1.5 million people) have been diagnosed with at least one of these disorders (Statistics Canada, 2007).
- 3.6% of Canadian nurses experience chemical sensitivities (2005 National Survey of the Work and Health of Nurses).